Neighborhood health | Hartford Health Care
At Hartford HealthCare, we’re improving health equity with our brand new program: Hartford HealthCare Neighborhood Health.
More access to health experts in your community
Our Neighborhood Health Initiative is designed to bring more preventive health services and support directly to the people and communities we serve. This is part of Hartford HealthCare’s larger commitment to help all people live their healthiest lives by providing more education and healthcare opportunities throughout Connecticut.
This is how it works
HHC’s mobile âCareVansâ visit and operate day health clinics several times a month in specifically selected locations. They offer a variety of health services, including screenings, mental health counseling, medical referrals, education and support. Pfzier and Moderna vaccines are also offered in certain locations and on certain dates.
Neighborhood Health was developed in collaboration with trusted community partners across the state. These groups and individuals helped determine the health needs and priorities of their residents and communities. These innovative health clinics will be adaptable, flexible and open to feedback to ensure access to needed services and programs.
Where we are
HHC currently offers clinics in Hartford, Torrington, Winsted and Thomaston, and plans to expand its services to locations across the state over time.
Our neighborhood health clinics
- To serve people 16 years of age or older (12 years and older for Pfizer vaccine)
- Welcome without appointment or people with appointment
- To provide on-site financial assistance; insurance is accepted but not compulsory
- Are sure: Face masks are compulsory and provided if necessary; anyone with symptoms of COVID or flu-like symptoms should instead seek help from a doctor, local emergency department, or emergency department
We will provide
- Medical examinations according to age
- Referrals and follow-up care
- Education and counseling
- Health prevention services
- Laboratory tests
- COVID vaccines (in certain locations and dates)